Monday, December 6, 2010

OLD SCHOOL is the new NEW SCHOOL

 
Was just going over some concepts for upcoming projects and I'm starting to miss the old greats.  Irving Penn, Herb Ritts, Helmut Newton, Avedon etc. etc. They have produced some of my favorite images.
shot by: Irving Penn
shot by: Irving Penn
Shot by Helmut Newton

Shot by Richard Avedon








I'm such a black n white whore! lol. But I do love certain color images. David Hamilton and Annie Liebovitz produce some of the best color images. The young photographer aren't bad iether. I have my favorites. It will be exciting to work with Matt Irwin on this Thursday (if I get to go :( ) He will shooting for one of my favorite denim brands and ... client lol. I know shameless plug but i really do like the jeans. Can't name names yet. :). 

                                       
                                               My attempt at Annie's color. So far off I im in on another planet lol
Shot by Annie Liebovitz
I've been liking and admiring some recent editorials too. The art of dramatic story telling and elaborate shoots are making an appearance again, along with the 70's. the new editorial in Paris vogue Jan./Dec. issue by Terry Richardson (so much fun to work with) is amazing. Some of my favorite models are featured in it Crystal Renn, of Course, Eniko, and Abbey Lee Kershaw. I must say lighting wise it doesn't look like typical Terry but i still like it. Kudos (or however you spell it lol ..... You know what I mean! )

Shot by: Terry Richardson Vogue Paris Déc/Jan 2010-2011 (models: Eniko, Crytal Renn, Abbey Lee Kershaw) 

Shot by: Terry Richardson Vogue Paris Déc/Jan 2010-2011 (models: Eniko, Crytal Renn, Abbey Lee Kershaw)

Shot by: Terry Richardson Vogue Paris Déc/Jan 2010-2011 (models: Eniko, Crytal Renn, Abbey Lee Kershaw)

Shot by: Terry Richardson Vogue Paris Déc/Jan 2010-2011 (models: Eniko, Crytal Renn, Abbey Lee Kershaw)

Shot by: Terry Richardson Vogue Paris Déc/Jan 2010-2011 (models: Eniko, Crytal Renn, Abbey Lee Kershaw)

1 comment:

  1. these pictures are all so cool!

    BM

    thebohemiangoods.blogspot.com

    x

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog and the Web

A Blast from the Past

A Blast from the Past
Peter Linbergh reference Shot by myself.